Office 365 emails to clients bouncing back

Hi,

when we do Reminder and Statement Runs, we often get emails bouncing back with one of 2 error messages:

1. A problem occurred while delivering your message to this email address. Try sending your message again. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

2. Your message to .....com.au couldn't be delivered. ....com.au wasn't found at bigpond.com...unknown 'to' address.

The email addresses generally look fine in terms of the way they are written @hotmail.com.au etc and in some instances, the email address has been used successfully to communicate with the customer outside of a Reminder or Statement Run.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it likely to be an Office365 email address issue? i.e. we have an Office365 email that we use to send our OpenVPMS email correspondence to clients from.

Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Office 365 emails to clients bouncing back

I suspect that this may be an ISP problem. I use Bigpond and occasionally get this sort of behavior - other ISPs reject mail coming from Bigpond because Bigpond has been temporarily listed on the 'bad ISP's' list.

If this is the case, then immediately after getting the fails sending reminders, you should be able to get the same failure sending a test email to to failed addresses.

Regards, Tim G

Syndicate content