Victorian Open VPMS Users Meeting 18th October 2011 7.30pm

On Tuesday, 18th October at 7.30pm a Users meeting will be held at;

Advanced Vetcare 26 Robertson Street Kensington (just off CityLink)

http://www.advancedvetcare.com.au/all-about-us/contact-us

Yet again we thank Dr Sam Snelling for kindly hosting the meeting.

So that we can anticipate how many people may attend could people interested in attending please reply to this post.

We hope to kick off around 7.30pm and start the meeting at 8pm Melbourne time.

Attached to this post is the current development summary including the 14 active development projects that are currently listed as Seeking Funding in the forums.

We will work our way through the projects reasonably quickly, inviting comment as we go. Providing the working document in advance (it is attached to this post) will hopefully help give everyone a basic idea of the various projects before we discuss them on the 18th.

Many thanks,

Matt Costa

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Victorian Open VPMS Users Meeting 18th October 2011 (Foot note)

Oh and the development summary is now actually attached to the previous post.

:)

Re: Victorian Open VPMS Users Meeting 18th October 2011 ...

I may be a bit too far to make it... but if any input is needed, particularly around the Internationalization (US) efforts, please let me know.

Thanks, Paul

Re: Victorian Open VPMS Users Meeting 18th October 2011 7.30pm

Hi Everyone,

I have access to Goto Meeting so I suggest we arrange to have an online meeting as well so at least interstate and international users can listen to the proceedings, interact through chat messages etc. Should be simple to setup but will be restricted to 25 participants.

Suggest email me  if interested.

Cheers

Tony

I'm planning to attend.

Yuri.

Matt C

As I mentioned I will not be able attend users meeting but something we thought of that may be of some interest would be the ability to nominate whether items could show in nthe medical record.

Currently it appears that medications dispensed will apear in the medical records summary but items characterised as  "merchandise" doesn't.  Depending on how people out there run their practices and whether they list items in the shop ie foods, treats, toys etc as merchandise or other, they may want foods for example to appear in the medical record but not other items.

Could there be a tick box perhaps to option in or out of medical record??

Matthew RR

Hi Matthew RR,

I'll be sure to get your comments re medications and their appearance in to the meeting agenda :)

Thanks,

Matt C

Hi Matt,

I am not sure if you and others have seen the Integrated Visit Editor project ( http://www.openvpms.org/project/integrated-visit-editor).  I think this will satisfy your requirement plus also many others at the same time.  Have a look and tell me what you think.  If we can get discussion going on this and eventually funding a think it would be an excellent enhancement.

Cheers Tony

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the Victorian users meeting is Tuesday week (18th November). We have had a good response so far but if you haven't RSVP'd send an email so we can know who to expect.

See you there!

Matt C

Erm...

As Peter noticed I said 18th November but as the title suggests the actual date is Tuesday 18th October! Two Tuesdays away!

I really shouldn't post these things after a long shift :(

Thanks,

Matt C

FINAL REMINDER! Victorian Users Meeting 18th October 2011 7.30pm

Hi everyone,

That is tomorrow! I have attached the current agenda. Print it out and scribble your thought on it before you arrive. This will be an interactive meeting/workshop style just like last year!

See you there,

Matt Costa

Victorian Users Meeting 18th October 2011 7.30pm

Advanced Vetcare 26 Robertson Street Kensington (just off CityLink)

http://www.advancedvetcare.com.au/all-about-us/contact-us

AttachmentSize
OpenVPMS Users Meeting Agenda.doc 145 KB

Hi Everyone,

I have sent off connection details to all users who registered interest in participating in the meeting via the web. 

If you have not received it or are interested in participating please email me directly and I will add you to the list.  :-)

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

We were thinking of making the trip down, but if we could be involved via the web that would be way more practical for us , so if we could have those connection details that would be great. 

Kind Regards

Kathryn

Morning to all,

Thanks so much for involving the internet land in last nights meeting.

It was nice to feel part of the Users group even though we are so far north.

Cheers

Bernie & Jannine

Tuesday night's meeting was very productive. Many great new innovations were discussed, particularly the Integrated Visit Editor, so lets all get some of these projects moving.

Minutes from Users Meeting 18th October 2011

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed the barrage of notification emails from the forums today.

I have been adjusting all the current projects according to the discussions at the User meeting.

There was ALOT to get down.

I have attached the minutes to the this forum post (Those on the email list may need to visit the forum in order to get it).

It contains all the;

a) Outcomes for current projects including where they have moved to, what sort of support there was them etc.

b) The 18 new features discussed during the night.

And here are the new features. Not sure how the formatting will translate into email but the attached doc is a pdf so can be read universally.

PLEASE NOTE:

-> Very few of the new project ideas are Projects yet.

-> They will NEVER be made into projects unless there is some meaningful support via the forums (ie. Tell us how much yopu want it and how it could be better).

-> Once they are defined, they need $$$$. There are plenty of Seeking Funding ideas which have gone through the process which apparently people want but without pledges you won't see em in the real world.

Here is the list:

1.    Messaging

o        It appears that users use messaging in a variety of ways including how much people use messaging (some using it a little and others using it a lot).

o        A lot of people use Worklists (and to a lesser degree Schedules) to achieve the same purpose of messaging.

o        There was a request for messaging to be expanded to include the ability to

i.      Reply  - create a new message to the same sender.

ii.      Edit messages – change text and status

iii.      Add editing of the original message to the existing Forward method.

o        There was a  comment that tasks in Worklists already contain all this functionality and that having a Worklist assigned for messaging would achieve these goals.

o        This project has had a forum created (http://www.openvpms.org/forum/more-flexibility-messaging).

2.      Price Checks

o        There was a request for the ability for any staff member to generate an estimate/invoice for the purposes of price checks.

o        This temporary “Price Check” Invoice could then be assigned to a given Customer and Patient.

o        This button for this feature would need to be readily available from the Schedules/Worklists.

o        This project has had a forum created (http://www.openvpms.org/forum/price-checks).

3.      New Note + Visit button

o        The most common use of medical records is to add notes. If there is a note added without a visit (eg.Phone call etc) a Visit must first be created.

o        There was a request for a new button in Medical Records that allowed a user to create a New Visit & Note with one click.

o        There was also a suggestion that this button should also be present in the Patient Summary section so notes could be added from the Schedules (in the example of a phone call). But this note was removed given;

i.      The Patient usually needs to be found first

ii.      If the Patient is in the Summary view it is already in the Patient workspace.

o        Elements to nail down:

i.      Will the new Visit inherit the date from the Note?

ii.      How do we want the Visit Reason filled out? It was suggested it should say “Communication”.  What about just Blank and edit it later?

o        This project has had a forum created (http://www.openvpms.org/forum/new-note-and-visit-button).

4.      Copy and Paste appointments

o        Allow users to Copy appointments using exactly the same method as current Cut & Paste.

5.      Increase the size of the Invoice note

o        Increase the character limit on the invoice note.

o        Increase the physical space to write a note in the Invoice Editor.

6.      Show available characters left in note fields

o        Show how many characters are left when typing a note.

o        Once limit reached, prevent further typing.

7.      Add clinician to note header

o        This has been created and moved straight to Developer review for an estimate.

8.      Add “None” option to Payment Items

o        Users explained that since there is a default selection for payment types occasionally that Payment type will be entered by accident.

o        The request was that there was a “None” option in the Payment type list.

o        A payment would still be rejected if the None option was still selected, forcing the user to choose one.

o        Practices wanting to keep a different default (eg. EFTPOS) will still be able to do so.

9.      Add a default value option for the Status in the Workflow – Messaging

o        Currently Status defaults to Pending.

o        A user wanted the option to set what this default value was.

10.             Bug when entering Macros in Input Fields of Letters from Macro List

o        Currently after a macro is entered from the Alt-M macro list the cursor gets locked.

o        The exact details of this behaviour need to be further detailed before we send it to the developers as a bug report.

11.             Add microchip to Summary View

o        Add microchip number to this area for better visibility.

12.             Show possible duplicate Customer/Patients

o        During adding a new Customer or Patient show possible Duplicates is an adjacent list.

o        The adjacent list could be populated with Customer/Patient Descriptions hence containing some ancilliary data.

o        Possible matching criteria could be;

i.      Names (one of)

ii.      Address elements

iii.      Identities (Microchips, pet tags)

o        Issues may include performance and setting criteria for possible duplicates .

o        Duplicates should also be ranked by some index of similarity.

o        List should be limited to a number consistent with good performance.

13.             Expand Investigations to include a mechanism for direct referral interactions.

o        Using this new feature Vets could send referral historys, summary letters and attachments to a referral vet using OpenVPMS.

o        The referring vets replys would automatically be linked to the relevant patient.

o        The system would need to be able to handle multiple communications.

14.             Product information system.

o        This feature would allow a 3rd Party to provide key information via a link to a website etc that provides up to date product information such as;

i.      MSD sheets

ii.      Dispensing information

iii.      Recommendations for use

o        Hills Pet food have already expressed an interest in this.

15.             Invoice line item rounding

o       There was a request for an option to round invoice items at the level of each individual item.

o       This would need to be able to switched on/off

o       At the level of each product

o       Have a default state (ie. Either On/Off) set at Practice level for new Products.

16.             DICOM image retrieval.

o       This feature would allow a OpenVPMS to retrieve a DICOM image using Patient unique IDs by clicking on a patient medical record and have it appear in a DICOM viewer on a workstation running OpenVPMS.

17.             Price update workspace

o       This feature would users to perform batch operations on their product database including;

o       Unit price updates by fixed or percentage amounts.

o       Fixed price updates by fixed or percentage amounts.

o       Filtering of the product set for batch operations by;

§         Name

§         Group

§         Type

§         Active/Deactive

§         PriceRange

o       Price updates may be entered as “Versions” so that the old prices remain visible and a price history can be seen.

18.             Mail merge workspace

o       This workspace would allow users to

o       Create a list of Customers using a variety of criteria

o       Choose a document template

o       Merge the Customers to the template

o       This can currently be done using Export As CSV features + a 3rd party application like Word/Openoffice but this solution is simpler and more elegant.

AttachmentSize
OpenVPMS Users Meeting Minutes.pdf 117.66 KB

New ideas from the Users Meeting

Hey guys,

The minutes from the Users meeting have been up for a little while now. There are 18 new features raised during the meeting. None (or very few) of these have projects created for them... nor will they, unless we get some feedback and/or discussion to indicate which ones are worth the effort of creating projects for.

Raising a project does take time (donated) and defining a project takes time from the developers (currently donated) so we won't create projects for ideas that seem to have no passion behind them....

Version 1.6 could be very boring at this rate...

Matt C

Re: New ideas from the Users Meeting

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting the minutes of the recent meeting! There are many good ideas listed. Other than those which have been converted to projects already, I believe the following features will be great and useful to add for v1.6:

#4. Copy and Paste appointments

#11. Add microchip to Summary View

#17. Price update workspace

And I would not hesitate to contribute to these if they become projects. I've also expressed interest in #3 and #15 on separate forum posts.

Cheers,

Anthony (ActiVet)

Kind regards,

Anthony (ActiVet)

Re: New ideas from the Users Meeting

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the feedback and your pledges of late.

I'll add some more new projects early next week.

Cheers,

Matt C

Syndicate content