1.7.1 (5816) Archload fails

I downloaded the 1.7.1 snapshot and ran my update.bat - all seemed OK, but when I looked for the effect of "OVPMS-1441     Add ability to have Note on stock transfer and stock adjustment transactions" nothing had changed. A check showed that the new archetype has not been loaded because the archload had failed with the output below. Note that to ensure that it was not my update.bat had screwed things, I re-installed the snapshot and ran archload. Initially it bitched because I had not installed the mysql java connector, but fixing this yielded the same problem.  Because I was naughty and had not bothered with a backup prior to the upgrade, I cannot easily re-run the upgrade.

I have compared the snapshot's \conf\applicationContext.xml with the previous(1.7) one and they match exactly.

Is this a Tim G or a Tim A problem ??

Regards, Tim G

C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSHOT\bin>archload
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean wit
h name 'jxpathHelper' defined in file [C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSH
OT\bin\..\conf\applicationContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'org.openvpms.a
rchetype.function.party.PartyFunctions#717f0c8f' of type [org.openvpms.archetype
.function.party.PartyFunctions] while setting constructor argument with key [Typ
edStringValue: value [party], target type [null]]; nested exception is org.sprin
gframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean wit
h name 'org.openvpms.archetype.function.party.PartyFunctions#717f0c8f' defined i
n file [C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSHOT\bin\..\conf\applicationConte
xt.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with inde
x 2 of type [org.openvpms.archetype.rules.finance.account.CustomerAccountRules]:
 Ambiguous constructor argument types - did you specify the correct bean referen
ces as constructor arguments?
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean wit
h name 'jxpathHelper' defined in file [C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSH
OT\bin\..\conf\applicationContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'org.openvpms.a
rchetype.function.party.PartyFunctions#717f0c8f' of type [org.openvpms.archetype
.function.party.PartyFunctions] while setting constructor argument with key [Typ
edStringValue: value [party], target type [null]]; nested exception is org.sprin
gframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean wit
h name 'org.openvpms.archetype.function.party.PartyFunctions#717f0c8f' defined i
n file [C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSHOT\bin\..\conf\applicationConte
xt.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with inde
x 2 of type [org.openvpms.archetype.rules.finance.account.CustomerAccountRules]:
 Ambiguous constructor argument types - did you specify the correct bean referen
ces as constructor arguments?
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver
.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:281)
.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:120)
.resolveManagedMap(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:378)
.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:161)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolve
ConstructorArguments(ConstructorResolver.java:630)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowir
eConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:148)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1003)
Factory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:907)
Factory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getOb
ject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistr
y.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBe
an(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.
preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:580)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finish
BeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refres
h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
        at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<
init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:140)
        at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<
init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:84)
        at org.openvpms.tools.archetype.loader.ArchetypeLoader.main(ArchetypeLoa
der.java:263)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Err
or creating bean with name 'org.openvpms.archetype.function.party.PartyFunctions
#717f0c8f' defined in file [C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSHOT\bin\..\c
onf\applicationContext.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructo
r argument with index 2 of type [org.openvpms.archetype.rules.finance.account.Cu
stomerAccountRules]: Ambiguous constructor argument types - did you specify the
correct bean references as constructor arguments?
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createA
rgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:716)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowir
eConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:196)
Factory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1003)
Factory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:907)
Factory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:270)
        ... 19 more

C:\OpenVPMS\openvpms-release-1.7.1-SNAPSHOT\bin>

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1.7.1 (5816) Archload fails

Thanks for trying it out. The applicationContext.xml in <OPENVPMS_HOME>/conf needs to be updated with the attached. The .txt extension needs to be removed - its there to get past the drupal upload filter.

Regards,

-Tim A

AttachmentSize
applicationContext.xml_.txt 11.17 KB

Thanks Tim - that did the trick - new archetypes loaded OK as you can see from the snippet below.

Q1. Should I ask you to update the 1.7 alpha system, or does it not matter if I pull the CSH screen shots from my system [contrast the picture below with that in http://www.openvpms.org/documentation/csh/1.7/product/stock/edit/transfer ]

Q2. should I bitch that the lenght of the product field is a little short? [The full product name is "Hills Feline Adult Optimal Care 1. 5kg" - not a particularly long name.]

Regards, Tim G

The length of selector fields (i.e. those with binoculars) can be styled in revision 5817 via the selector.width property.

Thats the exact error I had with 1.7 release version when I uploaded it over 1.7.2 beta snapshot.  Mind you I was merging to compare report and archetype changes...so I just cleared the directory and created a new one updated hibernate and that error went away..

Regards

Ben 
OpenVPMS Installer and Helper 
Ph: +61423044823 
Email: info[at]charltonit.com[dot]au

In general you shouldn't unzip one version of OpenVPMS over the top of another, nor should you deploy one war over the top of another.

In both cases, you can end up with old and new versions of .jar files, (e.g. openvpms-archetypes-1.7-beta-2-SNAPSHOT.jar and openvpms-archetypes-1.7.jar), with unpredictable results.

Point taken  - yeah I was being lazy - I normally unzip into a new folder then merge the reports.  but I was being lazy.  

Regards

Ben 
OpenVPMS Installer and Helper 
Ph: +61423044823 
Email: info[at]charltonit.com[dot]au
Syndicate content