Version: 1.7-beta-2 (5730) Order Delivery is overwritten by existing product supplier relationship

If a supplier sends a replacement product for an existing product with an update Product code and Name.  then during delivery you manually match it to the existing product - the delivery item gets overwritten by the OPENVPMS item's existing supplier product details.  This causes a value mismatch on the delivery total compared to what the practice will be invoiced also and new product order will not automatically order the newer replacement product.

IE I order

Item A - Cost 2.00 Code ITEM A1

Supplier automaticaly sends me the new product that replaced it called

ITEM A plus cost 2.40 CODE ITEM A1P 

At delivery processing it doesnt match so I manually match it to my existing product  ITEM A - the order price, codes and details are then overwritten by the existing supplier codes in the OPENVPMS system including the old price.

Sincerely 

Ben

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Version: 1.7-beta-2 (5730) Order Delivery is overwritten ...

In this case, I think you should open a new window in Products|Information and either:

1. create a new product with the appropriate prices, and supplier info; or

2. update the existing product

and then assign the product to the delivery item.

Bit of a pain, but how often does it happen?

An improvement would be to provide a "Create Product" button on the delivery that automates this for you.

-Tim

Tim I think you missed the point...

In most cases a staff member will do these types of updates...

The problem here is that the EXISTING OLD PRODUCT with the OLD CODE overwrites the new PRODUCT with the NEW PRICE and thus the Product in the database (openvpms) never gets its price updated and whats more important the actually cost on the delivery invoice changes....

There is no warning that the overwrite has occured in fact the first couple of times I didnt even notice it.

It may be another problem associated with the way Provet sends its delivery document sans order associations.

Regards

Ben 
OpenVPMS Installer and Helper 
Ph: +61423044823 
Email: info[at]charltonit.com[dot]au

The supplier is sending a different product out, so in this case I think you should be assigning a different product to the delivery item.

That said, if you do assign a product that has a supplier relationship, it will overwrite the price details which as you say is incorrect.

Raised as OVPMS-1433

In some cases it may well be the same product but the supplier has changed the supplier code. 

Or maybe the manufacturer has rebranded the product 

There are many reason supplier codes and barcodes change without changing the product.  I think Hills rebrands biannually....atleast it feels like it.

Regards

Ben 

I have noted a related issue occuring.

Our supplier has no product code on the line item for Freight - this means each time we recieve an order we need to manually assign a freigh item before we can finalize.  HOWEVER

If the order is regular the freight is 6.50 (they actually record it on the paper invoice as 15.00 inc GST with a 8.50 credit.  However if it is a order under 50$ they charge us the full freigh price.  

Now when I manually match the items the invoiced freight price is overwritten by the existing freight price in our product database.

ie we were charge 15.00 freight but after matching it will record as 6.50....

Regards

Ben 

Syndicate content