1.7 5689 Reporting|Debtors|End Period bad

I have a very strong suspicion that there is something wrong in the End Period processing - it goes v.slowly or does not complete.  The problem occurs on my system [where I would expect it to work hard on the initial End Period run because immediately after the conversion run there are no 'closing/opening balance' transactions in the sytem and hence it has to sum almost all the transactions], but also on the demo system.

On the demo system, if you start the End Period processing, it works hard for a minute and then you get the 'processing' window with its progress bar - which does not move.  If you press its cancel button, and then cancel your cancel, the progress window shows 2 bars done; wait a minute and repeat this and it will show 4 bars done, and so on.  I cancelled it and OK'ed the cancel so the exercise is repeatable.

On my system, doing the above results in no apparent progress.

On my system, while it is running, the system performance monitor shows nothing happening - MySQL is certainly not working hard at all. If I use mysql's 'show full processlist' then it says that the openvpms user's last command was 'Sleep'.

Note - I tried the 1.7Alpha system (which is still at 5624) and it works happily.

I would appreciate a fix on this one please - the 'must have by' date is late Jan when OpenVPMS will have to run its first live statements. However, I would really appreciate something earlier.

Regards, Tim G

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1.7 5689 Reporting|Debtors|End Period bad

After a considerable time (I went off to do something else), the screen displayed

I think that this is just Firefox getting worried about the lack of response from the server.

Regards, Tim G

Re: 1.7 5689 Reminders also bad

The Reminders processing also appears to suffer from the same fault. Regards, Tim G

The above unresponsive script also appeared when I has left the Product Info screen for more that 30 minutes (the autolog off time).

When I pressed the Continue button, the following immediately appeared:

[I don't remember the 'Prevent this page ....' being there before - if you tell me what it means I will document it in the CSH text - probably by creating a new entry in the concepts section.]

Regards, Tim G

This has been fixed in revision 5693

Thanks,

-Tim A

Syndicate content