1.7 5708 Opening Balance Txn prints using statement template

If, on the Customers|Account screen you happen to print an opening balance transaction, it prints sucessfully using the same template type as Statements - "Customer Statement".

If you try to print a Closing Balance transaction, it says "No document template available for report type: Closing Balance".  I think that trying to print the Opening Balance should result in the same sort of error.

Regards, Tim G

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1.7 5708 Opening Balance Txn prints using statement template

I use this to print statements...setting a report to use Customer Statements sets this behaviour.  In effect a Customer Statements prints out off the Opening Balance.  (personally it would make more sense if it printer off a closing statement and the Customer Balance report printed off the opening balance)

Personally I dont see why we should make it error. 

Re: 1.7 5708 Opening Balance Txn prints using statement template

Ben - I agree that the report type 'Customer Statement' (archetype 'CUSTOMER BALANCE') is used to print statements by the Reporting|Debtors screen.

However, if on the Customer|Acoounts screen, you select an Opening Balance transction and press the Print button you get the following: a statement containing one line - the opening balance transaction.

(One of our users did this the other day and was peeved that she got a statement with only one transaction in it.)

Regards, Tim G

Syndicate content