1.7 A5444 First Impressions

Forgive me if I am being naughty reporting multiple things in one post. I installed 5444 and have had a quick play.

1. Resource Localisation: messages.properties, unlike help.properties and propercase.properties is not being shipped in webapps\openvpms\WEB-INF\classes\localisation [I suspect that this is already on the todo list]

2. I have updated the CSH text in http://www.openvpms.org/documentation/csh/1.7/concepts/schedulesWorklists and http://www.openvpms.org/documentation/csh/1.7/admin/organisation/worklist to document the new streamlined check-in features

3. If I set a worklist with 'use all templates' unchecked, but nothing in the Templates list, then it acts as though 'use all templates' is checked - ie I get the lot presented, rather than skipping the document selection screen. If I set just one template in the list, I just get just that one. [and yes I have toggled the state of this flag to get it switched to false]

4. I get an occasion crash clicking on a pdf to display it - the crash is "java.io.IOException: com.sun.star.io.IOException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset". The full stack trace is attached as crash.txt. My recipe to repeat this is login, select customer and patient and go to patient info screen. Check-in and select a form, the visit editor will be displayed showing the form - click on the pdf icon - and crash.  If you OK the crash window, you can then click on the pdf icon and happily see the form with no error.  I tried a couple of my forms and  the standard Desex Certificate and all crash so its not related to the form itself.

5. I get a hard crash editing a worklist view that used to work - the crash is "Property not found: act.objectReference". The full stack trace is attached as crash2.txt. The recipe is open the worklist view for edit, press the test button, and then on the test window press Test again. The worklist view expression (which used to work) is:

concat(openvpms:get(., 'clinician.name'),':',openvpms:get(., 'customer.name'),' - ',openvpms:get(., 'patient.name'), '\n', openvpms:get(.,'act.reasonName'), ' - ', openvpms:get(.,'act.statusName'))  

If you use Workflow|Worklist then the view works as expected.

Regards, Tim G

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1.7 A5444 First Impressions

I didn't have crashes with printing but I did notice that when OpenOffice is run for any documents it hangs for a very long time.

It seems to happen no matter where you print a document.

Matt Y

The first access to OpenOffice is typically the slowest, as OpenVPMS has to launch it and connect. Subsequent accesses should be faster.

The "com.sun.star.io.IOException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" means that the socket connection to OpenOffice has been lost, and cannot be re-established. Try killing the soffice.bin process.

-Tim A

Tim A-I just tried after a reboot - ie a fully clean system - same Connection Reset crash. However, as I said, if you try again, it works.  Regards, Tim G

OpenVPMS uses client jars from version 3.2.1 of OpenOffice. If you are running a newer version of OpenOffice you might be experiencing some incompatibility between the client jars and the new version.

You could try removing the existing OpenOffice jars and replace them with the new versions. i.e. remove:

• openvpms/WEB-INF/lib/juh-3.2.1.jar
  • openvpms/WEB-INF/lib/jurt-3.2.1.jar
  • openvpms/WEB-INF/lib/ridl-3.2.1.jar
  • openvpms/WEB-INF/lib/unoil-3.2.1.jar

And then copy the contents of <OpenOffice Home>/URE/java/*.jar to WEB-INF/lib

You'll need to stop the webapp or preferably Tomcat to do this.

-Tim A

OOO 3.3.0 and below are no longer supported. They are not being patched, EOL was reached with the 000 4.0.0 release. 

Might I suggest that 1.7 be released with the latest stable version of Open Office.  Our users should be updating OpenOffice anyway.

Based on some limited testing, version 4.0 doesn't work reliably well with the 3.2.1 client API shipped in OpenVPMS 1.6.

I've raised OVPMS-1363 to update the client jars to 4.0. This will probably mean that user's running older versions of OpenOffice will need to upgrade when deploying OpenVPMS 1.7.

IMO

When a product reaches EOL and no longer gets security updates...IT managers should get rid of it ASAP.  Having other products depend on EOL products introduces vulnerabilites.

So even if it was compatible I would still like the jars updated.

Ben

For what it is worth I concur with Ben. I have just read the 4.0 release notes and (from my limited knowledge) can see nothing to bite us.  Regards, Tim G

Syndicate content