1.7A 5491 Till Balance dates need to show time

The new 'don't stop the business' till balancing facility really needs the dates on the Reporting|Till Balancing screen to be shown with times.  Previously, when it was necessary to stop the business to balance the till, till balancing was an end-of-day activity, and it was quite adequate to show just dates because one knew that the time are always 6pm or whatever.  With the new facility one can quite happily do a midday as well as an end of day clearance (and in our case there will be an 8pm end of day one and an 8am end of night-shift one).  The screen shot below shows the fields which need to include the time (in the same format as the payment date)

Tim A - apart from the above, she runs like a train.  If you adjust the code for the above, I will update the CSH screen shots.

Regards, Tim G

PS - the right align labels look wonderful - I have not played with the insets - just changed left to right. The above looks OK, but the report critera window looks really good.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1.7A 5491 Till Balance dates need to show time

Changes applied in revision 5493.

Note that the display of the dates used in the till description is different to the other dates on that screen.

The till description date format is specified in the party.organisationTill archetype i.e.:

Last Cleared : ', expr:if(boolean(/details/lastCleared), date:formatDateTime(/details/lastCleared, 'medium', 'short'), 'Never'), ', Cash Float : ',/details/tillFloat)"

i.e it will pick up the locales "medium" format for the date - e.g. "3 October 2013", and the "short" format for the time - e.g. "9:42 am"

The other date/times use the datetime.format.view style in messages.properties.

Regards,

-Tim A

Syndicate content