1.7 5735 Funnies in 'show clinician in history' facility

[It runs like a train - thanks Tim]

Funny #1 - if there is no clinician specified then it displays "No Clinician".  Wanting to reduce the size of this (because we use initials to shorten the clinicians 'name' field), I looked in messages.properties for "No Clinician" and found the workflow.scheduling.table.noclinician entry - humm funny name - but its the only one with 'No Clinician' so I changed it to 'xxx'.  No joy.  The medical records entry stayed at 'No Clinician'

Conclusion: 'No Clinician' is currently hard coded - but should have a separate entry in messages.properties (probably in the patient.record section - eg patient.record.noclinician )

Funny #2 - the column widths set by history.date.width, history.type.width, and history.clinician.width don't fully work.  Playing with various settings, I think that the clinician column is using the same width as the type column. Note that default.stylesheet looks OK - hence I suspect the problem is in the code.

Neither of these are show stoppers and I will put the 5735 build into production tomorrow morning because of the performance gains.

Regards, Tim G

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1.7 5735 Funnies in 'show clinician in history' facility

I've noted these issues:

1. It looks like the layout of the left 3 columns are fixed and the 4th is flexible for the actual notes, etc. There is a large amount of white/wasted space follwoing the date and depending on screen size you can end up with a very long, narrow 4th column.
  2. The clinician name overflows into the 4th column if the name is long (see attached screen shot). 
AttachmentSize
Screenshot.png 105.34 KB

Matt - in the 5735 build there is explict support in default.properties for controlling these widths. The standard settings are:

#
# Patient history field widths.
#
history.date.width = $font.size * 12.5
history.type.width = $font.size * 12.5
history.clinician.width = $font.size * 12.5

I am running with:

#
# Patient history field widths.
#
history.date.width = $font.size * 7
history.type.width = $font.size * 12
history.clinician.width = $font.size * 8

The clinician width gets set to 144 (12x12) even though it should be 96 (12x8).  If you change the type setting both it and the clinician widths change.

Regards, Tim G

Thanks Tim,

I'll give your widths a go.

Matt.

I've changed it so that there is now a specific message for the case where there is no clinician:

patient.record.summary.clinician.none No Clinician

I've also fixed the widths. The date is now set to:

history.date.width = $font.size * 7

Changes applied in revision 5738 .

Thanks Tim - have installed 5743 in production and tweaked messages.properties to show 'No Clinician' as '---'.

You also appeared have fixed Jira OVPMS-1432 - thanks.

I have not updated the CSH text for the 'Show Clinician in history' feature - will do so when you upgrade the 1.7Alpha system (then I can use the same picture sources as the current CSH pages).

Regards, Tim G

I've uploaded 5743 to alpha, and updated http://www.openvpms.org/documentation/csh/1.7/admin/organisation/practice

-Tim A

Thanks Tim - I have just also updated the medical records page at http://www.openvpms.org/documentation/csh/1.7/patient/record to include the effects of turning on 'Show Clinician in Medical records'.  I think that this one is now all finished.

Regards, Tim G

Syndicate content